Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning Bibliography
- Alaska Department of Fish and Game: Mariculture Frequently Asked Questions
- Alaska Department of Fish and Game: Invertebrates
- Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation (ADEC): Alaska Shellfish
- ADEC: Classification of Commercial Shellfish Growing and Harvest Areas
- ADEC: Know Before You Dig: Recreational Shellfish Harvesting
- ADEC: Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning Seafood Facts
- ADEC: Recreational Shellfish, Pilot Program
- Alaska Division of Public Health: Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning Fact Sheet
- Alaska Sea Grant: Common Clams, Cockles, Scallops, and Oysters of Alaska
- Alaska Sea Grant Marine Advisory Program: Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning: The Alaska Problem
- Aleutian Pribilof Island Association: Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning
- Environment Alaska: How to Eat Clams and Protect Yourself from PSP Too
- Environment Alaska: PSP in Dungeness Crab in Alaska
- Environment Alaska: Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning and Domoic Acid in Alaska
- NOAA Northwest Fisheries Science Center: Harmful Algal Blooms, Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning
- North Pacific Research Board Project: Algal Toxins in Alaskan Marine Mammal Populations: Assessing Current and Emerging Exposure Threats, by E. Frame and K. Lefebvre
- Alaska Department of Health and Social Services, Epidemiology: Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning Bulletins
- Washington Sea Grant: Gathering Safe Shellfish in Washington
- Washington State Department of Health: Biotoxins, Myths and Misconceptions
- Washington State Department of Health: Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution: Harmful Algae
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution: Harmful Algae, Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution: Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning, by L.E. Fleming, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
Peer Reviewed Scientific Literature
Acres, J., and J. Gray. 1978. Paralytic shellfish poisoning. Canadian Medical Association Journal 119(10):1195-1197.
Gessner, B.D., P. Bell, G.J. Doucette, E. Moczydlowski, M.A. Poli, F. Van Dolah, and S. Hall. 1997. Hypertension and identification of toxin in human urine and serum following a cluster of mussel-associated paralytic shellfish poisoning outbreaks. Toxicon 35(5):711-722.
Nisbet, I.C.T. 1983. Paralytic shellfish poisoning: Effects on breeding terns. Condor 85:338-345.
Rodrigue, D.C., R.A. Etzel, S. Hall, E. De Porras, E.H. Velasquez, R.V. Tauxe, E.M. Kilbourne, and P.A. Blake. 1990. Lethal paralytic shellfish poisoning in Guatemala. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 42(3):267-271.