2000 Alaska Ocean Sciences Bowl Research Project: Develop a long-term local salmon management plan
The following papers were submitted by high school teams participating in the 2000 Alaska regional competition of the National Ocean Sciences Bowl.The ranking of the top four projects is based on the combined score of the written paper and the oral presentation.
In 1999 and 2000, the places for the individual components of the project (paper and oral presentation) were not yet being recorded on this site.
- White Mountain School: Health of Salmon Populations in Fish River Drainages and Golovin Bay
- Juneau-Douglas High School Tsunami: Alaska Pacific Salmon Populations Analysis and Recommendations
- Chugiak High School, Eagle River: Analysis of the Status Quo of Salmon Populations in Cook Inlet
- Seward High School Resurrection: Resurrection Bay Salmon Management Plan and Other Related Issues
(in alphabetical order by city)
- East Anchorage High School: Pacific salmon (Oncorhynchus sp.)—An in-depth research paper on the population decline of Pacific salmon in
- Frank A. Degnan High School, Unalakleet: Salmon Management in the Unalakleet Sub-District of the Norton Sound
- Juneau-Douglas High School Poseidon: Salmon Management
- Skyview High School, Soldotna: Kenai River Fisheries Management