Links and Resources
Updated December 2016.
National program and partners
- NOSB National site
- Consortium for Ocean Leadership (formerly CORE)
- The National Marine Educators Association (NMEA)
- The National Science Teachers Association (NSTA)
- NOSB careers and scholarships
- Sea Technology article on NOSB competition (2001)
- Assessing the Impact of the NOSB: A Systems Approach (2004) [PDF, 792 KB]
- Colorado "Trout Bowl" (CIRES regional competition)
- Great Lakes Region "Great Lakes Bowl"
- Hawaii "Aloha Bowl"
- Massachusetts (MIT) "Blue Lobster Bowl"
- North Carolina "Blue Heron Bowl"
- Northern California "Sea Lion Bowl"
- Ohio/Pennsylvania "Penguin Bowl"
- Oregon "Salmon Bowl"
- Rhode Island/Connecticut "Quahog" Bowl
- Southern California: JPL "Los Angeles Surf Bowl"
- Southern California: San Diego "Garibaldi Bowl"
- Virginia "Blue Crab Bowl"
- Washington State "Orca Bowl"
- Wisconsin "Lake Sturgeon Bowl"
- Alaska Sea Grant College Program
- NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information
- NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information, Marine Geology and Geophysics —including bathymetric data
- NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information, Natural Hazards Data, Images and Education —post-event Tsunami information
- NOAA Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory (PMEL)
- NOAA Laboratory for Satellite Altimetry
- NOAA National Hurricane Center (TPC)
- NOAA/NWS/NCEP Marine Modeling & Analysis Branch
- The GFDL Modular Ocean Model
- Pacific Fisheries Environmental Lab
- NOAA and NSF: U.S. Global Ocean Ecosystems Dynamics (GLOBEC) Program
Other Sources of Oceanographic Information
- OCEANIC—the University of Delaware's College of Marine Studies system includes:
- SeaWIFS Project
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- Marine Biological Laboratory, University of Chicago
- Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science (RSMAS)
- GLOBEC Georges Bank Information
- Joint Global Ocean Flux Study (JGOFS)
- Selected Data For Oceanographic Research at UCAR
- JPL Physical Oceanography Distributed Active Archive Center (PO.DAAC)
- Australian Ocean Data Network
- The World-Wide Web Virtual Library: Oceanography
- Bermuda Biological Station for Research
- Bermuda Atlantic Time-series Study (BATS)
- University of Washington School of Oceanography
- University of Rhode Island Graduate School of Oceanography, including:
- The School of Ocean Sciences, University of Wales, Bangor
- Skidaway Institute of Oceanography
- MODB: Mediterranean Oceanic Data Base located at University of Liege, Belgium
- Dalhousie University, Department of Oceanography
- University of British Columbia, Department of Earth and Ocean Sciences
- Department of Marine Sciences, University of Georgia
- University of Georgia Marine Institute
- Duke University Nicholas School of the Environment—Marine Laboratory
- Marine Biology Web Page
- Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory
- Southampton Oceanography Centre
- ICES Marine Data
- Oceanography and Scientific Data (Fisheries and Oceans Canada)
- Southern California Association of Marine Invertebrate Taxonomists (SCAMIT)