Research Assistant Professor, UAF
P.O. Box 248
Unalaska, AK 99685
Education and Outreach
- M.S. Marine Biology. 2010. University of Alaska Fairbanks
- B.S. (Honors) Natural Resource Management. 2008. University of Alaska Fairbanks
- Nearly four years managing the shellfish fisheries of the Bering Sea and Aleutian Islands
- Fourteen seasons commercial fishing in Cook Inlet
- Seven years research diving
- Unalaska City School District 5th-12th grade science curriculum
- National Ocean Science Bowl coach
- PSP monitoring
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Deiman, M., K. Iken, and B. Konar. 2012. Susceptibility of Nereocystis luetkeana (Laminariales, Ochrophyta) and Eualaria fistulosa (Laminariales, Ochrophyta) spores to sedimentation. Algae 27(2):115–123.
- Deiman, M. 2010. Kelp spore susceptibility to sedimentation and light within Alaska. M.S. Thesis, University of Alaska Fairbanks, Fairbanks, Alaska.
- Deiman, M., D. Hondolero, K. Iken, and B. Konar. 2009. Comparisons of algal composition in Kachemak Bay, Alaska, between 1976 and 2007. Kachemak Bay Science Conference, March 2009, Homer, Alaska.
- Deiman, M., and B. Konar. 2008. Associated epifauna of some prominent brown algae in Jakolof Bay, Alaska. Institute of Marine Science Seminar presentation, University of Alaska Fairbanks, April 2008, Fairbanks, Alaska.
- Deiman, M., D. Hondolero, K. Iken, and B. Konar. 2008. Comparisons of algal composition in Kachemak Bay, Alaska. Presented at the 22nd Northwest Algal Symposium, April 2008, Charleston, Oregon.
- Deiman, M., K. Iken, and B. Konar. 2008. Ecological changes of the marine community in Kachemak Bay, Alaska, since 1976. Poster presentation at the Alaska Marine Science Symposium, 21–23 January 2008, Anchorage, Alaska.
- Diving, kayaking, subsistence harvesting and fishing, skiing.