Associate Leader and MAP Agent
Associate Professor, UAF
PO Box 814
Cordova, AK 99574
- Marine boating safety training in Prince William Sound and the Gulf of Alaska
- Seafood processor and direct marketers support
- Commercial fishing business assistance
- Research collaboration and local outreach
Commercial fishing, seafood marketing, community and online education
Torie greets (L to R) Flaxen Conway, Oregon Sea Grant, and extension educators Jon Newkirk and Dennis Fiess, Washington State University's Western Center for Risk Management, during an Alaska visit.
Alaska Marine Safety Education Association, Prince William Sound Advisory Committee to Alaska Boards of Fish and Game, American Fisheries Society, Cordova District Fishermen United, United Fishermen of Alaska
- B.A. University of Washington
- M.Ed. University of Alaska Anchorage
- Community Science Lecture Series: In partnership with the Prince William Sound Science Center, we provide visiting marine resource researchers with public lecture opportunities throughout the winter.
- Onboard safety drills certification, salmon quality handling and HACCP courses are annually available through the MAP office.
The Cordova harbor in October. A fleet of 600 salmon gillnet and seiners homeport in this southeast Prince William Sound community.
Explaining personal flotation devices to younger members of the Cordova fishing fleet during US Coast Guard Community Marine Safety Day.
Since 2004, more than 200 Cordovans have taken our annual gillnet mending class. (Photo by Deborah Mercy, MAP)