2020 Western Alaska Interdisciplinary Science Conference and Forum
“Visions for the Future”
April 2–4, 2020
The annual Western Alaska Interdisciplinary Science Conference (WAISC) aims to bring together local and indigenous knowledge of subsistence–based communities and other scientific research relevant to Western Alaska; including economic, ecological, social, and health issues important to rural communities. This is the fourth time WAISC will be held in Dillingham, and this year’s conference focuses on the future threats and opportunities in the face of a changing climate.
- Social and Ecological Effects of Climate Change
- Southwest Interagency Meeting
- Sustainable Energy
- Pebble Mine
- Topics in Rural Education
- Sustaining community: local arts, culture, and subsistence
Call for papers
The call for papers will be posted soon. Abstract submissions for oral and poster presentations will be due March 1, 2020.
Online registration will be open soon (mid November 2019).
WAISC on Facebook
Are you a Facebook user? Like and follow WAISC on Facebook to get notifications of news and information in your feed.
- Gabe Dunham, Alaska Sea Grant, UAF Bristol Bay Campus, (907) 842-8321
- Dr. Todd Radenbaugh, Environmental Science Professor, UAF Bristol Bay Campus, (907) 842-8363
Hope to see you there!