Call for papers
The call for papers is closed.
The Western Alaska Interdisciplinary Science Association (WAISA) announces the 2015 Western Alaska Interdisciplinary Science Conference and Forum (WAISC), “Adaptation: Tides of Change,” to be held March 9–12, 2016, in Dillingham, Alaska. This conference will highlight regional scientific efforts that provide a more interdisciplinary approach to scientific inquiry and resource management. Organizers welcome submissions from all individuals and organizations collecting data in western Alaska.
You do not need to be a scientist to have good ideas to share.
(subject to change)
- Oil and Gas/Mining: Brian Rasley, email@example.com
- Fisheries: Gabriel Dunham, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sustainable Energy: Tom Marsik, email@example.com
- Green Buildings: Jonathan Mears, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rural Health Care: Rebecca Coupchiak, email@example.com
- Rural Science Education: Tara Borland, firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Can Alaskan Colleges Serve Rural Students Better?: Pete Pinney, email@example.com
- K-12 Session: Deanna Baier, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ecosystem Health/Climate Change: Todd Radenbaugh, email@example.com; Sue Flensburg, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Citizen/Subsistence Science: Todd Radenbaugh, email@example.com
- Rural Solid Waste: Todd Radenbaugh, firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstracts are due February 26, 2016 (second call for papers). Submit abstracts via e-mail to Tara Borland, email@example.com. (First call for papers closed January 31, 2016.)
Abstracts should be no more than 500 words, single-spaced, and should include the following information:
- Author name, title, and institutional affiliation;
- Paper title; and
- Summary of research question, relevant literature, research design and methods, data, and findings.
Notifications of proposal acceptance will be sent via email after February 10, 2016. If a proposal is accepted, the presenter must register for the conference in order to participate.
The WAISC selection committee reserves the right to reject papers that are not scientifically sound or are not in line with the submission specifications/guidelines. Only papers presented at the conference will be included in the conference proceedings.