Call for submissions
Since 2008 WAISC has brought together scientists, rural Alaska leaders and community members, educators, and students to discuss scientific and social science research relevant to western Alaska. The 2015 conference will highlight regional scientific efforts and community-based projects, and local expertise. WAISC organizers welcome submissions drawn from all scientific disciplines, including the social sciences, addressing questions and issues of concern to western Alaska communities.
Submissions now closed. The deadline for submissions was March 1, 2015.
Abstract submission for scientific presentations or workshops
Abstracts for oral and poster presentations or workshops are invited and should be submitted by March 1, 2015, via email to Diane McEachern, email@example.com as either a PDF or Word attachment.
Abstracts should be no more than 350 words for oral (15 minutes) or poster presentations and 600 words for workshops (up to 1 hr. 30 minutes), single-spaced, and should include the following information:
Format for abstracts for oral or poster presentations
- Author name, title, email, and institutional affiliation
- Presentation title
- Abstract (less than 350 words) including research question, methods, data, and results
Abstracts for workshops or sessions (1 hr. 30 minutes)
- Name of workshop leader and team members, their titles and institutional affiliation
- Workshop or session title
- Description of workshop activities, materials provided by the workshop team, other materials needed, anticipated length of workshop (up to 1 hr 30 min)
Notifications of proposal acceptance will be sent after March 1. Presenter must register for the conference at the time of submission of abstract.
Please contact Diane McEachern, Assistant Professor of Rural Human Services, UAF, Kuskokwim Campus, Bethel, 907-543-4597. Preferred means of contact is email: firstname.lastname@example.org