Call for abstracts
We are pleased to host the third Kodiak Area Marine Science Symposium (KAMSS). The Call for Abstracts is now open!
Presenters are asked to share their recent research findings, provide updates on the status of marine resources, highlight decadal changes, identify integrated studies, and discuss industry/public collaborations.
The KAMSS audience includes a diverse and inquisitive public including fishermen, merchants, resource users, resource managers, scientists, and students. People want to know why they are seeing certain population trends, what studies are occurring in their backyard, and what changes they might expect as the climate continues to change. This is a chance for researchers to present their results to an audience eager for information about the marine resources that surround their community and form the basis of the local economy.
To maximize the audience’s viewing opportunity, KAMSS will again feature oral and poster presentations.
Oral presentations will be limited to 20 minutes (15-minute talk plus 5 minutes for questions and answers), delivered in plenary sessions organized thematically. Please tailor your presentation to the lay audience. Posters will be featured during the evening poster session and remain displayed throughout the conference.
Oral presentations and posters addressing Kodiak area research are sought on the following topics:
- Climate and oceanography
- Marine mammals
- Human dimensions
- Ecosystem perspectives
- Emerging issues
Abstract Book and Program
All abstracts will be printed with the symposium program, and made available to symposium attendees.
The abstract submission deadline for this symposium has been extended to March 1, 2017. Use the KAMSS 2017 online abstract submission form to submit your abstracts.
Abstracts must include:
- Type of presentation preferred (oral or poster).
- Topic area from above list.
- Title, in upper/lowercase type, using as few words as possible.
- Author names as they will appear in the abstract book; full affiliation and mailing address; and phone and email address.
- Name of presenter and contact person if different from first author.
- Text of abstract in 250 words or fewer; do not include any headings, tables, figures, or references. If paragraphs in your abstract are particularly long, please break them up into smaller paragraphs of 170 words or less.