Symposium on Climate Displacement, Migration, and Relocation
University of Hawaiʻi, Kapi'olani Community College
December 13–14, 2016
Contact: Amanda Noguchi, ClimateDMR@gmail.com
This symposium will provide an opportunity for stakeholders, researchers, policy experts, indigenous leaders, and local, state, and federal government officials to explore legal and policy opportunities and challenges arising from climate displacement. This includes questions about how to plan for and implement voluntary migration and community-led relocation as adaptation strategies to the impacts of climate change, both domestically and in the context of the Pacific Islands.
The Pacific Islands Climate Science Center and NOAA Office for Coastal Management are also cosponsors of the symposium.
Registration is now open. The registration fee for the symposium is $150 on or before December 2, 2016, and $200 after December 2. No registration fee will be charged for full-time enrolled students. Please contact Sue Keller for the student fee-waiver code.
Book Your Hotel Room
Guest rooms at the Queen Kapiolani Hotel will be available at the special meeting rate of $139/night, single or double occupancy, plus 13.962% tax. To secure the rate, register for a room using the code CLIMATE. Be sure to make your reservations as soon as possible. Rooms will fill fast due to other local events!
Hotel Booking Instructions
- Email email@example.com with the following information
- Email subject: “CLIMATE” –University of Hawai‘i Symposium
- Names of all registered guests in each room and indicate if guest is under 17
- Bed request: e.g., 1 king bed, or 2 beds
- Check-in date
- Check-out date
- Mailing address: street, suite, city, sate, zip, country
- Email address
- Call the Queen Kapiolani Hotel
- (808) 931-4420 or (800) 533-6970
- Call between 8 am and 4 pm Hawaii Standard Time
- Mention “CLIMATE” when making reservation for special rate
Queen Kapiolani Hotel
150 Kapahulu Ave.
Honolulu, HI 96815
(808) 931-4420 or (800) 533-6970