Call for abstracts
Abstracts for oral presentations and posters are invited on data-limited fisheries topics, from fishery and social scientists, managers, industry, and fishermen. Presentations are encouraged on new quantitative stock assessment tools under data limitations, methods to incorporate uncertainty in assessment and management, improved approaches for inclusion of social and economic considerations into management, and strategies for the management of mixed commercial and recreational fisheries. Presentations about new assessment approaches for stocks without routine surveys or indices of abundance are especially welcome.
To contribute an oral or poster presentation, submit an abstract online no later than January 30, 2015. Abstracts must include:
- Type of presentation preferred (oral or poster).
- Topic area from the list below, or suggest a topic.
- Title, 10 words or fewer.
- Author names, affiliation, city, country, and email.
- Name of presenter and contact person.
- Text of abstract in 250 words or less; please do not include any headings, tables, figures.
Those who submit abstracts will be notified in February 2015 about abstract acceptance. If your abstract is accepted for presentation, you must register and pay the symposium fee by April 13 to secure a place on the program.
Sessions will be presented on the following data-limited fisheries topics
- Potential new types of data for assessment and management
- Alternative stock assessment methods
- Methods to incorporate uncertainty in assessment and management
- Integration of social and economic considerations into management
- Strategies for the management of mixed commercial, recreational, and/or subsistence fisheries
- Methods for determining catch limits and alternative management measures