Call for Abstracts
For more about the symposium background and goals, please see the symposium information page.
Please submit abstracts (250 words) no later than January 27, 2014, for oral and poster presentations in the following thematic areas, using the online abstract submission form.
- Session 1: Fisheries bycatch—what are the biological and ecological issues?
- Session 2: Economic and social considerations of bycatch
- Session 3: Accounting for bycatch of nontarget fish species
- Session 4: Solutions for monitoring protected and endangered species
- Session 5: Gear developments and other technological solutions
- Session 6: Fishery regulatory approaches and solutions
- Session 7: Industry initiatives, solutions, and cooperative research
Abstracts must include
- Type of presentation preferred (oral or poster).
- Topic area from the above list.
- Title, in upper/lowercase type, using as few words as possible.
- Author names with full affiliation, mailing address, and email.
- Name of presenter and contact person if different from first author.
- Text of abstract in 250 words or less; please do not include any headings, tables, figures, or references.