Call for abstracts
The call for abstracts is closed.
Presenters are asked to present their current/new research findings, provide updates on the status of marine resources, highlight decadal changes, identify integrated studies, and discuss industry/public collaborations. The audience will include a diverse and inquisitive public including fishermen, merchants, resource users, resource managers, scientists, students, boaters, etc.
People want to know why they are seeing certain population trends, what studies are occurring in their backyard, and what changes they might expect to see as the climate continues to change. This is a chance for researchers to present the results of their studies to an audience eager for information about the marine resources that surround this community and form the basis of their economy.
To maximize the audience's viewing opportunity, oral presentations will be limited to 20 minutes (a 15 minute talk plus 5 minutes for questions and answers) and delivered in a plenary session. Posters will remain displayed throughout the conference. We intend to have space for a large number of posters.
For more about the symposium background and goals, please see the KAMSS symposium information page.
Oral presentations and posters addressing the symposium theme are sought covering the following topics:
- Physical and biological oceanography (including algae)
- Invertebrates (crabs, shrimp, zooplankton, etc.)
- Marine birds
- Marine mammals
- Human dimensions (citizen science, archaeology, K-12, traditional ecological knowledge)
The abstract submission deadline for this symposium has passed.
Abstracts must include:
- Type of presentation preferred (oral or poster).
- Topic area from above list.
- Title, in upper/lowercase type, using as few words as possible.
- Author(s) names as they should appear in the abstract book; full affiliation and mailing address; and phone, fax, and email address.
- Name of presenter and contact person if different from first author.
- Text of abstract in 250 words or less; do not include any headings, tables, figures or references. If paragraphs in your abstract are particularly long, please break them up into smaller paragraphs of 170 words or less.
All abstracts will be printed and bound with the symposium program, and made available to symposium attendees.