Call for papers
For more about the symposium background and goals, please see the ecosystem's symposium information page.
Oral presentations and posters addressing the Ecosystems 2010 symposium theme are sought covering the following topics:
- Progress on regional applications of ecosystem-based management and fishery ecosystem plans, including identification of operational objectives (conservation, social, economic), and eco-regions.
- New analytical tools (strategic vs. tactical models, risk assessment, integrated ecosystem assessments).
- Evaluations of the utility of ecosystem indicators and empirical information needed to support EBFM.
- Human dimensions of EBFM, including successful stakeholder processes, and different perspectives on ecosystem approaches.
- Case studies and practical solutions (e.g., zoning, marine protected areas).
Two special awards will be presented at the symposium, one for best student oral presentation and one for best student poster. Each winner will receive a $250 cash award. If you wish to be considered for a student presentation award, check the box on the abstract submission form.
The abstract submission deadline for this conference is closed.
Abstracts must include:
- Type of presentation preferred (oral or poster).
- Topic area from above list, or suggest a topic.
- Title, in upper/lowercase type, using as few words as possible.
- Author(s) names as they should appear in the abstract book; full affiliation and mailing address; and phone, fax, and email address. Use superscript style.
- Name of presenter and contact person if different from first author.
- Text of abstract in 250 words or less; do not include any headings, tables, figures or references. If paragraphs in your abstract are particularly long, please break them up into smaller paragraphs of 170 words or less, especially if you use the online submission form.