Call for papers
This conference seeks to define the needs of end users and to stimulate development of lucrative new products from the byproducts of seafood processing. Contributions are sought from those in industry, academia, agencies, and others.
For more about the conference background and goals, please see the byproducts conference home page.
This call for papers seeks contributions (oral and poster presentations) on, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Animal feed products
- Neutraceuticals, nutrients, foods, cosmetics, and other products for human use
- Products from fish oils
- Fertilizers, organics, and other industrial products
- Status of fisheries waste production and utilization in Alaska
- Technologies—fish meal systems, modified silage processes, etc.
- Salmon waste production and utilization
- Community and economic considerations
To contribute either an oral or poster presentation, submit an abstract no later than January 9, 2008, via online abstract submission form.
If you cannot access or complete the form, submit the required information via email to email@example.com. If you cannot submit electronically, contact Sherri Pristash, symposium coordinator, at 907-474-6701.
Abstracts must include:
- Type of presentation preferred (oral or poster).
- Topic area from above list, or suggest a topic.
- Title, in upper/lowercase type, using as few words as possible.
- Author(s) names as they should appear in the abstract book; full affiliation and mailing address; and phone, fax, and email address. Use superscript style.
- Name of presenter and contact person if different from first author.
- Text of abstract in 250 words or less; do not include any headings, tables, figures or references. If paragraphs in your abstract are particularly long, please break them up into smaller paragraphs of 170 words or less, especially if you use the online submission form.