International Smoked Seafood Conference
Hotel Captain Cook
Anchorage, Alaska, USA
March 5–7, 2007
Conference brochure [PDF; 213 KB]
This conference offers the latest information on research, equipment, and current regulations. Speakers will include recognized industry leaders, top researchers, and other experts in the field of smoked seafood. The conference is intended for smoked seafood producers, suppliers (ingredients, labels, packaging, etc.), researchers, regulatory inspectors, and others with an interest in smoked seafood safety, quality and production issues.
Please see links below and at left for more information, call for papers (deadline January 12, 2007), abstract submission form, and registration.
- Conference & workshop information
- Call for papers (deadline extended to January 22)
- Manuscript preparation instructions [PDF; 188 KB]
Please contact us if you would like to support this meeting.
Technical program: Don Kramer, firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-274-9695
Sponsorship: Liz Brown, email@example.com or 907-842-1265
Conference coordination: Sherri Pristash, firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-474-6701
Smoked Seafood Workshop
Indian Valley Meats
March 8–10, 2007
Contact: Liz Brown, email@example.com or (907) 842-1265
This workshop provides hands-on experience in a commercial smoking facility. Workshop enrollment is limited. Please see links at left for more information.
- Alaska Fisheries Development Foundation
- Alaska Sea Grant
- Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute
- California Sea Grant
- Pollock Conservation Cooperative Research Center
- PURAC America Inc.
- State of Alaska Fisheries Revitalization Strategy
- Washington State University Extension and University of Minnesota Center for Farm Financial Management
Additional sponsorship welcome