About Alaska Sea Grant
Alaska will sustain its vibrant marine, coastal, and watershed ecosystems, with strong coastal communities and people who make decisions using science-based and traditional knowledge for the social and economic benefit of all Alaskans.
Alaska Sea Grant’s mission is to enhance the wise use and conservation of Alaska’s marine, coastal, and watershed resources through research, education, and extension.
- Healthy Coastal Ecosystems
- Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Resilient Communities and Economies
- Environmental Literacy and Workforce Development
Our strategic plan for 2014–2017 was developed under the guidance of the Alaska Sea Grant marine advisory faculty and staff and our statewide Advisory Committee. The plan identifies Alaska Sea Grant’s priorities in addressing critical coastal and marine issues in Alaska.
Statewide Advisory Committee
Alaska Sea Grant created a dedicated Advisory Committee in 2003, composed of individuals from an array of stakeholder groups representing all regions of the state.
Donate to Alaska Sea Grant
- To donate directly to the Alaska Young Fishermen's Summit, please visit our AYFS donation page.
- To donate to Alaska Sea Grant, please contact us at 907-474-7086 or email email@example.com.