Marketing and Distribution Assistant
- (907) 474-6707
Alaska Sea Grant role
Streamline and improve efficiency of pubs ordering process. Receive, invoice, and ship publication orders. Oversee the organization and tracking of inventory. Pull, package, and ship publications for sponsored ASG events. Assist marketing coordinator with special projects. Collaborate with University of Alaska Press by sharing marketing tools, technical expertise, and resources. Joined Alaska Sea Grant in September 2008.
Coursework toward a degree in Health Science, Ricks College and University of Alaska Fairbanks
Customer relations, data entry, order fulfillment. Design promotional materials and direct mail pieces for marketing and displays.
Recent and current projects
- Help plan the annual Holiday Open House, collaborating with UA Press and UAF Marketing.
- Organized distribution area, archive files and Aurora storage area. Sorted through all publications and weeded out old publications that were still on the Web site and/or taking up storage space.
- In the process of creating a system to maintain accurate inventory.
- Recorded and entered all publication weights to improve online shopping cart shipping information.
- Added helpful fields to the publication-ordering database to improve the invoicing process.
- In the process of redesigning invoices for customers and designing a packing slip to include in orders.
- Assist in investigating and implementing new e-marketing techniques (e.g., Facebook).
- Work with both ASG and University of Alaska Press to refine contacts database.
Most rewarding contributions
- I streamlined our product inventory and ordering system, an ongoing process that includes reorganizing the distribution area, archives, and off-site storage room. I weeded out outdated publications, compiled an accurate inventory count, and recorded and entered each publication weight to improve shopping cart shipping information. I modified and improved efficiency in the international ordering process via better credit card processing, added helpful fields to the publication-ordering database to improve the invoicing process, redesigned invoices for customers, and designed a packing slip to include with orders.
- I distributed more than 20,000 items in 2009 and also designed promotional pieces.
What I do when not at Sea Grant
I love spending time with my daughters and husband. I love to ride horses, garden and take pictures! As a family we enjoy traveling, hiking, and downhill skiing. I serve as the treasurer of the Great Alaskan Pony Club, as well as the Fairbanks Alpine Ski Club Board.