Poster Session Information
Each Sea Grant program is encouraged to prepare a poster that highlights either a Best Management Practice identified by a site visit/review team, or an especially noteworthy research, education, or outreach project that could help guide and inform other programs' efforts.
You are strongly encouraged to use creative and attractive designs for your posters, and to keep the text short. Please see examples below that go beyond the typical research poster in terms of design. For general hints on graphics and posters, see Scientifically Speaking at the Oceanography Society website (http://www.tos.org/resources/publications/sci_speaking.html).
- Rigid foam core boards (32" by 40") and easels will be provided, as well as tacks and binder clips to fasten posters to boards.
- Posters can be smaller than the foam core, but should not exceed dimensions. You may use the portrait or landscape format.
- We suggest you print the poster on one large piece of paper (32" by 40"); it can be laminated or not.
- It is easy to transport if it is rolled in a tube.
- Poster setup is from 5 to 6 pm on Wednesday, September 19, in the grand staircase lounge area.
- The poster reception will run from 6:30 to 8:30 pm that evening.
- Presenters are requested to be available for questions during the poster session.
- Posters must be removed immediately after the poster session, September 19.
Please arrange for any packages to arrive at the hotel in your name (or in the name of the person who will set up your poster) NO EARLIER than Thursday, September 13.
Your name—or the name of the person who will claim your package at the hotel front desk—must be clearly shown on your package so the hotel can add the $5 handling fee to your hotel bill, payable upon checkout.
Address all materials to:
The Hotel Alyeska
PO Box 249
1000 Arlberg Ave.
Girdwood, AK 99587
You can ship things home from the hotel via FedEx or UPS. You must provide your own shipping labels with your billing account number.
Questions? Contact Sue Keller at email@example.com, 907-474-6703.