Faculty Archives: Terry Reeve
Former MAP Agent
Assistant Professor, UAF
Terry Reeve left the Marine Advisory Program in June 2012.
- Fisheries development agent, Bering Sea Fishermen's Association
- Senior fisheries advisor, Coastal Village Seafoods
- President, Sea Crest, Inc.
- over 30 years experience in rural Alaska fisheries development
- M.A., Rural Development, University of Alaska Fairbanks, 2010
- B.A., University of Washington, Seattle, 1965
East Asian Studies, teaching degree, Japanese Business Studies (graduate program)
- Korean language degree, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
- Archeological development project for Y-K Delta
- Eco-tourism development
- Birding tourism
- Ongoing marine extension projects for the Y-K Delta.
- Assist local fish entrepreneurs to create new enterprises - catcher-seller and direct marketing and village fish plant start-up.
Kanektok Powerpoint [pptx; 20 MB]
Kanektok Powerpoint [ppt; 27 MB]
AFN Marketplace Presentation [ppt; 39 MB]
Assisted by Terry, young scientists from Quinhagak are deploying satellite-tracked drifter buoys in Kuskokwim Bay to collect data on juvenile salmon. For more information on the drifter buoy program, visit the Oceanographic Drifter Deployments in Alaskan Waters website, and for information on the summer's deployment in Kuskokwim Bay, see the Juvenile Salmon Dispersal: A Drifter-based View website.
Listen to the Fish Radio story by Laine Welch [MP3 file, 1.2 MB]