Assistant Professor, UAF
P.O. Box 1070
Dillingham, AK 99576
Rural Energy Use
Natural resource economics, business management, survey design and administration, commercial fishing, marine and automotive diesel, and outboard mechanics
- AS Auto, Truck and Industrial Technology – Universal Technical Institute
- BBA Business Management and Economics – University of Alaska Anchorage
- MS Environmental and Natural Resource Economics – University of Rhode Island
- Extensive experience working as an outboard, marine and automotive diesel mechanic in urban and rural Alaskan communities.
- Experience in Bristol Bay and Southeast Alaska fisheries including drift gillnet fishing, dungeness crabbing and salmon roe tendering.
- Academic background includes fisheries economics, survey design and administration to collect regional economic commercial fishing information. Data management, analysis, reporting, writing and presentation of results.
- Sea Grant Knauss Fellow in the National Sea Grant Office, coordinating focus teams, workgroups and meetings around seafood and industry issues.
- Social Capital and Fisheries Management: Exploring the association between changes in fishery management and fishers' social networks
- Standard 10 Report: Analysis of relationship between fishery management and fishery-related fatalities