Business and Financial Management Tools
- Online Business Plan Writer – In partnership with the University of Minnesota, the Marine Advisory Program participated in the development of AgPlan, an online business plan writer for fishing and agriculture operations. This site lets you prepare, edit, save, print, and share a tailored fisheries business plan.
- Fishing Business Spreadsheets - three Excel workbooks and their related Word instruction files (Income Statement and Balance Sheet, Proforma Income Statement, and Q-Calc to analyze IFQ purchases).
- Business Resource Guide for Alaska Fishermen This searchable database includes contact information for organizations, agencies, and companies that provide services to individuals and businesses in the seafood industries. You will also find listings of useful publications. Hard copy of this guide is available online.
- How to Make a Directed Transfer of Your Fishing Business
- Ocean Treasure: Commercial Fishing in Alaska
- Fishing Vessel Insurance- How Much is Enough?
- Sample Crew Member Employment Contract
- For more fisheries business publications visit the Alaska Sea Grant Bookstore
- Recoveries and Yields from Pacific Fish and Shellfish [webpage version available online at State of Alaska Commerce - Office of Economic Development website]
Other Small Business Service Providers
There are a number of other small business assistance providers in Alaska that may assist entrepreneurs starting a business.